While enjoying some beach and vacation time, we checked out some of the local real estate prices here in Salinas, Ecuador. There are some exceptional deals.
Here are a couple of them:
Beach House in Chipipe
Chipipe is right next door to the main beach area in Salinas, and is in a more exclusive area. And, of course, it has its own beach.
- 2 story beach house within walking distance to the beach
- 5 bedroom (1 down, 4 up)
- 3 bathroom – plus service (maids) room with bathroom
- Parking for 2 cars, large second floor balcony
Visit Coldwell Banker Ecuador for more information.
3 Bedroom Home in a New Urbanization
House under construction in a brand new development, called Puerta del Mar V.
- Standard size is 65.6 sq meters (706 sq feet)
- 3 bedroom
- 1 bathroom
- Living room, dining room, kitchen, porch
- Laundry area, backyard social area
- Small walled lot: 112.5 sq meters (1210 sq feet)
Home is inside of a development which includes social area with pool, BBQ and playgrounds. The development cares for garbage collection and telephone line (not always standard here in Ecuador).
- 30% Downpayment: $9,319.50
- Remaining 70% to be financed: $21,745.50
- Monthly payment: approx $200/month
There are options to add extra bathrooms. Add a second and third bathroom for approx $1100 each. This increases the sq footage of the house.
Visit Borgeto for more information.
We tried to find costs and information on apartment rentals, but couldn’t. It seems everyone with an apartment or house only wants to rent as a vacation rental (daily or weekly) and not long term. Understandably, there is a lot more money in this format.
There are some pretty impressive condo developments going up on the Malecon. One we took a look at, Aquamira is quite nice. The 12 story building has just 2 units left unsold. A 4 bedroom, 5 bathroom, 2200 sq foot condo with sea view is listed at $185,250.
Do you know of any great sites for real estate in Salinas? Share them in the comments. Learn more about Salinas Real Estate Agents.