New Here? Start Here!
Welcome to GringosAbroad!
We realize it might be a little overwhelming to sort out the hundreds of pages, and thousands of comments here. To help, we’ve created this handy guide.
In addition to expat posts, we also write lots about traveling in Ecuador. The five major topics we write about are:
Our travel resources section covers a huge set of tools for planning your trip or relocation.
Learn About Cuenca, Ecuador
- What’s it like to live in Cuenca?
- My Top 10 Favorite Things about Cuenca, Ecuador
- Why We Chose Cuenca
- Live or Retire Overseas DVD: Cuenca Ecuador
- Is Cuenca Safe for Expats?
- 3 Ways to Find Rental Property in Cuenca, Ecuador
- Cuenca’s “Spring-Like” Climate – What it Really Means
Learn About Living in Ecuador
- Has the Cost of Living Increased in Ecuador?
- What Can I Bring to Ecuador?
- Ecuador for Kids – Keeping the Kids Happy
- A Week in the Galapagos Islands
Learn About Moving Abroad
- How To Plan Your Ecuador Relocation
- Life Startup Costs Abroad – Expat Start-up Costs
- What We Would Have Done Differently in Our Move
- Gringo Superiority Complex
Learn About the Haines Family
- New Episode of House Hunters International: Haines Family in Cuenca Ecuador
- Two Years In Ecuador: Why We Moved, Why We Stay
- Cost of Living in Ecuador: Haines Family in Cuenca, Fall 2010
- 31 Firsts of Our First 18 Months
- Taking a Hike in the Andes
Check out our How To Series
Check out the full set of Ecuador living posts.
- How to Get a Car and Drivers License in Ecuador – The Guide
- How to Do Your Banking in Ecuador (for Canadians)
- How We Learnt Spanish – A Work in Progress
- How To Receive International Shipments in Ecuador
- How to Open an Ecuador Bank Account
- How To Shop at an Open Market in Ecuador